Sep 29, 2022
Refer to the “Graduate Catalog” for graduate requirements and course descriptions.
- At least 24 semester hours must be in courses numbered 6300 or above.
- This program will be a non-thesis program. Students desiring to do a thesis program will be required to complete the regular M.P.A. degree program.
- Application for entry into the program will be made during the semester in which the student completes 90 hours of course work. Graduate course work cannot be taken prior to acceptance into the program.
- Admission: Students are granted admission when the applicant has an undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher and scores in the 50th percentile or higher in one or more categories (math, verbal or analytical) of GRE or GMAT.
- Conditional Admission: Students who do not qualify for regular admission are granted conditional admission when the applicant has an undergraduate GPA of 2.5 or higher and scores in the 25th percentile or higher on the composite score of the GMAT exam.
- Students not qualifying for regular or conditional admission will be denied admission and may consult with the dean of the Graduate School for assistance on future admission possibilities or possible committee review for conditional admission based on special circumstances consistent with House Bill 1641.
- Applicants must have completed the following accounting courses prior to admission:ACCT 2301 , ACCT 2302 , ACCT 3311 , ACCT 3331 , ACCT 3332 , ACCT 3371 , ACCT 3375 .
The following courses are required for a total of 150 hours for the Integrated B.B.A./M.P.A. Degree Program:
University Core Curriculum (42 hours)
College of Business Requirements (33 hours)
College of Business writing component—one course from:
A grade of “C” or better is required in all B.B.A. degree core courses
ECON 2301 is required of all College of Business majors and is counted as part of the University Core Curriculum Requirements leaving 33 additional hours required.
Undergraduate Accounting Requirements (18 hours)
Undergraduate Electives (21 hours)
Graduate Accounting Requirements (9 hours)
- ACCT 6306, 6307, 6308, 6309 or 6310.
Advanced Accounting Electives for Graduate Credit (9 hours)
M.B.A. Core (9 hours)
- ECON 6305 or 6306 and six hours as advised.
Advanced Accounting-Related Courses for Graduate Credit (9 hours)
- ACCT 6320, 6321 and three semester hours advanced accounting-related graduate courses.
Pass Comprehensive Final Exam
During the last semester of course work for the B.B.A./M.P.A. degree, the student will be required to take a comprehensive written and/or oral exam covering the M.P.A. core courses. The examination will be administered by a three-member graduate accounting faculty committee. If the student fails the first examination, one semester or the equivalent (16 weeks or two summer sessions) must elapse before the student takes the exam again. Additional course work or directed study will be recommended for the student in the interim.