Sep 25, 2021
Major in Accounting
(Major Code: 5321)
General Requirements for the Bachelor of Business Administration/Master of Professional Accounting (B.B.A./M.P.A.) Degree Integrated Program
- At least 24 semester hours must be in courses numbered 6300 or above.
- This program will be a non-thesis program. Students desiring to do a thesis program will be required to complete the regular M.P.A. degree program.
- Application for entry into the program will be made during the semester in which the student completes 90 hours of course work. Graduate course work cannot be taken prior to acceptance into the program.
- Admission: Students are granted admission when the applicant has an undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 or higher and scores in the 50th percentile or higher on the composite score of the GMAT exam.
- Conditional Admission: Students that do not qualify for regular admission are granted conditional admission when the applicant has an undergraduate GPA or 2.5 or higher and scores in the 30th percentile or higher on the composite score.
- Students not qualifying for regular or conditional admission will be denied admission and may consult with the dean of the Graduate School for assistance on future admission possibilities or possible committee review for conditional admission based on special circumstances consistent with House Bill 1641.
- Applicants must have completed the following accounting courses prior to admission: ACCT 2301, 2302, 3311, 3331, 3332, 3371, 3375.
Required Courses for the Integrated B.B.A./M.P.A. Degree Program (150 hours)
University Core Curriculum Requirements (42 hours)
Must include ECON 2301.
College of Business Requirements (39 hours)
- ACCT 2301 - Principles of Accounting I 3
- ACCT 2302 - Principles of Accounting II 3
- BUSI 3312 - Business Law 3
- CIDM 2342 - Statistics for Business and Economics 3
- CIDM 3330 - Management Information Systems 3
- ECON 2301 - Principles of Macroeconomics 3
- ECON 2302 - Principles of Microeconomics 3
- Advanced Economics Elective 3
- FIN 3320 - Business Finance 3
- MATH 1325 - Mathematics for Business and Economics II 3
- MGT 3330 - Principles of Management 3
- MGT 4315 - Strategic Management and Policy 3
- MKT 3340 - Principles of Marketing 3
Undergraduate Accounting Requirements (21 hours)
- ACCT 3311, 3331, 3332, 3371, 3375, 4351, CIDM 4331
Undergraduate Electives (12 hours)
Graduate Accounting Requirements (9 hours)
Advanced Accounting Electives for Graduate Credit (9 hours)
is not an acceptable Advanced Accounting Elective.
Business Environment and Concepts courses (9 hours)
Select 1 of the following courses:
Select 2 of the following courses:
Graduate Electives by Advisement (9 hours)
Pass Comprehensive Final Exam
During the last semester of course work for the B.B.A./M.P.A. degree, the student will be required to take a comprehensive written and/or oral exam covering the M.P.A. core courses. The examination will be administered by a three-member graduate accounting faculty committee. If the student fails the first examination, one semester or the equivalent (16 weeks or two summer sessions) must elapse before the student takes the exam again. Additional course work or directed study will be recommended for the student in the interim.