West Texas A&M University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097, telephone 404-679-4500, www.sacscoc.org, to award bachelor’s, master’s, and doctorate (3 or fewer) degrees, Level V category.
The University has programs accredited by:
- The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) for the College of Business
- Texas Education Agency
- The State Board for Educator Certification
- The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- The National Association of Schools of Music (NASM)
- The Commission in Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- The Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education Programs
- The Mechanical and Civil Engineering Programs - Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, 111 Market Place, Suite 1050, Baltimore, MD 21202-4012, telephone 410-347-7700
- The Computer Information Systems Program (BBA) - Computing Accreditation Commission (CAC) of ABET, 111 Market Place, Suite 1050, Baltimore, MD 21202, telephone 410-347-7700
- The Council on Social Work Education
- The American Communication Association (ACA)
- The National Association of Schools of Theatre (NAST).
The University also holds membership in the American Council on Education, the American Association of State Colleges and Universities, the Conference of Southern Graduate Schools, the Association of Texas Graduate Schools and the National Collegiate Athletic Association.