Apr 25, 2019
Major in Electrical Engineering
(Major Code: 840)
From Mathematics - Code 20 (3 hours)
Fourth hour will count towards Component Area Option (Code 90).
From Life and Physical Sciences - Code 30 (6 hours)
Lab hours will count towards Component Area Option (Code 90).
From Component Area Option - Code 90 (6 hours)
Engineering Core Curriculum
Math and Science Requirements
Electrical Engineering Electives
Take 6 hours from:
One elective in CS, ENGR, ET, CENG, EENG, EVEG or MENG
A grade of "C" or better is required for all prerequisites listed for ECSM courses required for EENG majors.
The West Texas A&M University Electrical Engineering Program has the following educational objectives. Graduates from the program will be prepared to:
- Be able to formulate and solve complex practical and theoretical engineering problems, while at the same time understanding business objectives and appreciating the social, economic and ethical issues encountered in a modern global society;
- Think critically and creatively, work effectively on interdisciplinary teams, and communicate clearly in both technical and non-technical forums;
- Be professionally employed, serving the rapidly changing needs of industry or governmental organizations regionally or throughout the state and nation; and
- Continue to grow professionally through activities such as pursuing formal graduate study, research or continuing education; achieving professional licensure; and participating in professional societies.
All electrical engineering students must meet WTAMU admission standards as outlined in this catalog. Upon admission to the University, all students are eligible to engage in and complete the first two years of the Engineering Program. In the semester during which students complete the pre-engineering sequence (cited below), they may petition for admittance into the Electrical Engineering Program. Every student enrolled in upper level electrical engineering courses must first be admitted into the Electrical Engineering Program or receive special permission from the program director.
Criteria for Admission into the Electrical Engineering Program
1. Overall GPA of at least 2.25
2. Completion of the pre-engineering sequence with a minimum GPA of 2.75:
3. Successful completion of the entrance interview with adviser