West Texas A&M University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097, telephone (404) 679-4500, www.sacscoc.org, to award bachelor's, master's and doctorate (3 or fewer) degrees, Level V category.
The University has programs accredited by:
- The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
- Texas Education Agency (TEA)
- The State Board for Educator Certification (SBEC)
- The Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (CAA) of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA)
- The National Association of Schools of Music (NASM)
- The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), 655 K Street NW, Suite 750, Washington DC 20001, 202-887-6791.
- The Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education Programs (CAATE)
- Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of ABET
- The Computing Accreditation Commission (CAC) of ABET
- The Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
- The American Communication Association (ACA)
- The National Association of Schools of Theatre (NAST)
The University also holds membership in the American Council on Education, the American Association of State Colleges and Universities, the Council of Graduate Schools, the Association of Texas Graduate Schools and the National Collegiate Athletic Association.